Your car’s engine is hands down the most crucial aspect of your vehicle and it is imperative to take utmost care of it at regular intervals. If your car runs regularly, particularly on challenging roads or mountains, it is even more important to have a close look at its health every once in a while. This is because any discrepancy in your car’s engine may cause unprecedented breakdowns and may even lead to permanent damage, thus leading to a lot of car engine repair or car engine replacement expenses. Hence, it is very important to know the nitty-gritty of how to keep your car’s engine healthy. This will ensure uninterrupted and smooth functioning of your car, enhanced fuel efficiency, prolonged engine life, optimum power ratio, and other technical well-being aspects. In this blog post, we will give you a clear understanding of the best practices related to keeping your car’s engine health in the best shape.
How to Keep Your Car’s Engine Healthy
To keep your car’s engine in the best possible health and avoid unwanted car engine repair work, you must abide by the following best practices. More importantly, since the engine is arguably the most important part of your car, you must consult a reputed and established car engine repair service to conduct these car engine maintenance activities.
- It is extremely important to clean or repair the air filters regularly to avoid the entry of dust and other unwanted foreign particles into the car’s engine chamber. Your car’s engine sucks in atmospheric air which then combusts with the available fuel, thus producing power. Hence, it is important to ensure that the atmospheric air does not come along with dust particles. Air filters prevent this phenomenon, the reason why you should regularly get your air filters checked and even replaced or cleaned if required. This goes a long way in maintaining your car’s engine health.
- Similar to the air filters, you must also clean or replace the fuel and oil filters regularly to prevent any dust particles or foreign objects from entering the fuel chamber or engine chamber. This will ensure the smooth functioning of your car and maintain a prolonged and healthy engine life.
- Irrespective of whether your car runs regularly or not, it is important to check for the quality of the engine oil and replace it regularly. You must consult a car engine repair service and let them judge the necessity of changing the engine oil depending on the number of kilometers the car has run since the last oil change as well as the density & quality of the existing engine oil.
- To deliver the optimum power and ensure enhanced performance, the engine must cool down properly. A specific oil named coolant ensures this. Hence, you must regularly get the quality and level of coolant checked. If required the associated car engine repair service will either top up the coolant or replace it altogether. All in all, you must keep a close look at the coolant level and quality to make sure that your car’s engine does not get abnormally heated.
- There are several other technical aspects of your engine that you might not be able to keep an eye on as a layman. However, the experts at professional car engine repair services will be able to identify any potential flaws or discrepancies in your car’s engine by doing a detailed inspection. Hence, to keep your engine up and running for longer periods, you must get your engine checked for minute problems and potential flaws now and then. It is best to get this done during your periodic car servicing routine. However, make sure that you only get your engine checked and/or repaired by professional car servicing experts to avoid any unwanted problems due to lack of competency.
Now that you have an idea about the best practices to keep your car’s engine healthy and running, we suggest you get it thoroughly checked by a professional and reputed car engine repair service.
Fixcraft is India’s Top Rated Car Repair Service, Car Engine Repair Service, Top Rated Car Servicing App that owns its proprietary workshop. It is a multi-brand car servicing solution that offers a wide array of car servicing and car repair packages.